SMITHFIELD, Va., Aug. 21, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE:SFD) announced today that the company will release its fiscal 2014 first quarter financial results before the markets open on Friday, September 6, 2013.
As previously announced on May 29, 2013, Smithfield Foods and Shuanghui International Holdings Limited have entered into a definitive merger agreement under which Shuanghui will acquire all of the outstanding shares of Smithfield for US$34.00 per share in cash. In light of this announcement and until further notice, Smithfield has elected to discontinue conference calls to discuss its quarterly and annual results. The company will continue to issue quarterly earnings press releases.
About Smithfield FoodsSmithfield Foods is a $13 billion global food company and the world's largest pork processor and hog producer. In the United States, the company is also the leader in numerous packaged meats categories with popular brands including Smithfield ®, Eckrich ®, Farmland ®, Armour ®, Cook's ®, Gwaltney ®, John Morrell ®, Kretschmar ®, Curly's ®, Carando ®, Margherita ®, and Healthy Ones ®. Smithfield Foods is committed to providing good food in a responsible way and maintains robust animal care, community involvement, employee safety, environmental, and food safety and quality programs. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com and www.smithfieldcommitments.com .
CONTACT: Keira Lombardo Smithfield Foods, Inc. (757) 365-3050 email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV