Gregory noted that in the investment potential category, every airline ranked below the averages for the transportation sector, the industrial sector and the entire list of companies.
"In this particular industry, it's very clear (that is) what the issue is," Gregory said. "Here you have a tremendous consumer product, but (investment potential) is one measure of it."
The highest rated brand, by the way, is Coca-Cola (KO). Like Delta, Coke is based in Atlanta, but over the years, it has been perceived to be a great investment.
Funny thing, though. Year to date, Delta shares are up 65% and Coke shares are down 5%.Follow @tedreednc -- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Ted Reed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV