NASA Awards Human Health And Performance Contract To SAIC
WASHINGTON, Aug. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- NASA has selected Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) of McLean, Va., to provide biomedical, medical and health services in support of all human spaceflight programs at the agency's Johnson Space Center in Houston.
The contract begins Oct. 1 and has a maximum potential value of $1.76 billion, including a five-year base period and two option periods that could extend the contract through 2023. The contract is an indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity contract with cost-plus-award-fee task orders.
The new human health and performance contract will support many NASA programs and offices including the International Space Station, Orion, Advanced Exploration Systems, Human Research, Commercial Crew and Cargo, and Space Technology Mission Directorate.Contract services to Johnson's Human Health and Performance Directorate and the Human Research Program include fundamental and applied biomedical research, biotechnology development, operational space medicine and occupational health and medicine. SAIC also will manage clinical, biomedical, space food and environmental laboratories; behavioral sciences; human factors engineering; spacecraft environment monitoring and management. Additional services include biomedical engineering; biomedical flight hardware requirements, design, fabrication, testing and operation; and payload and hardware integration with the International Space Station. Work under the contract will be performed at Johnson and SAIC facilities. For more information about NASA and agency programs, visit: http://www.nasa.gov SOURCE NASA
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV