PORTLAND, Ore., Aug. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Elameno, Inc., a Portland startup with a passion for creating intuitive products that help people streamline and enjoy life, today announced the launch of its new Kickstarter campaign for $250,000 to bring Circle to market. With a beautiful new product design managed by an iOS app, Circle connects seamlessly to computers, tablets, smartphones, TV streaming devices, and MP3 players—to help parents manage kids' internet use, tech enthusiasts understand their own online habits and small business owners increase employee productivity.
Providing balance to the digital age, Circle helps navigates life in the screen-driven world by allowing people to choose how online time is spent with smart filtering, time management systems and informative overviews. There is nothing like it on the market – a brilliant device managed by a smartphone to help families reconnect each and every day.
"The internet is an invaluable resource and we created a smart network tool to 'talk' wirelessly with your router and each household device to filter and manage content based on personalized settings for each device and each individual," said Circle founder and CEO, Jelani Memory. "With a strong market need for Circle, Kickstarter backer contributions will help fund engineering, parts and tooling and finalize the iOS application so Circle can be brought to life."Not to be confused with a router, Circle wirelessly connects to a Wi-Fi router and there is no need for an Ethernet cable to provide connectivity. Circle works from anywhere in the home or small office, to help anyone connected to the internet locate appropriate content and build desirable online habits. Key features, include the following:
- TIME MANAGEMENT: Circle can manage online usage by allowing timed access based on by category (i.e., two hours for social media, one hour for gaming, etc.)
- SMART FILTER: Set individual filtering levels by category for each device on a network to ensure only age/user-appropriate content comes across
- INFORM & NOTIFY: See at a glance the amount of time kids and users spend on certain sites or a category of sites. Set customizable notification schedules for both positive and negative internet activity on devices in the home or business from the Circle app
- PAUSE MODE: Temporarily restrict online access to every device on a network; schedule a device-free dinner in advance, or set Pause Mode manually at any time
- BEDTIME MODE: Set downtime for individual devices on the Circle network
- SAFE MODE: Safe mode automatically recognizes and adjusts filtering settings for network devices when operated by children under five years old; an adult or older sibling can easily unlock Safe Mode when they resume using the device
- AD BLOCKING: Toggle off web advertisements so they don't show on any devices within the network
- IMPLIFY: Easily activate Circle via the circular button on the back of the device, creating its own Wi-Fi network and ability to add users, tag the devices Circle recognizes and set up filtering, time management and notification setting preferences
- SECURE CONNECTION: Circle remains active even when unplugged and has no off button; the only way to adjust or change Circle's filtering and time management settings is through the iOS app, which is password protected and can only be downloaded on a single smartphone