Trade-Ideas: L Brands (LTD) Is Today's Post-Market Laggard Stock
- LTD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $130.7 million.
- LTD is down 2.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LTD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LTD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LTD: L Brands, Inc. operates as a specialty retailer of women's intimate and other apparel, beauty and personal care products, and accessories. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. LTD has a PE ratio of 22.6. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate L Brands a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for L Brands has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. L has a market cap of $17.1 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.87 and a short float of 4.1% with 4.38 days to cover. Shares are up 28.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates L Brands as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- LTD's revenue growth trails the industry average of 15.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$120.00 million or 34.42% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 8.29%.
- L BRANDS INC has improved earnings per share by 17.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, L BRANDS INC reported lower earnings of $2.54 versus $2.71 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.18 versus $2.54).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Specialty Retail industry average. The net income increased by 14.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $124.56 million to $143.00 million.
- You can view the full L Brands Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.