Accenture (NYSE:ACN) announced today that Jaime Ardila has been appointed to the company’s Board of Directors, effective August 20. Mr. Ardila, 58, is executive vice president and president of General Motors’ South American operations, reporting to the company’s CEO, and is a member of the General Motors Executive Committee.
Mr. Ardila joins the board and is subject to re-appointment at the next Accenture plc annual general meeting of shareholders. He has been appointed to serve on the board’s Finance Committee.
“I am delighted to welcome Jaime to our board of directors,” said Pierre Nanterme, Accenture’s chairman and CEO. “He brings exceptional experience in manufacturing from his long career at General Motors in both financial and operations management roles, as well as significant expertise and insight into Latin America – an important growth market for Accenture. Our board is looking forward to the perspective Jaime will provide related to our strategy and operations as we continue to focus on delivering value for our clients and shareholders.”
With the appointment, Accenture’s board now comprises 12 directors, 11 of whom are external and independent. Mr. Nanterme is the board’s only internal director.A native of Colombia, Mr. Ardila has been based in Brazil for the last six years. He first joined GM in 1984 and has been executive vice president and president of General Motors South America since 2010. Previously, he was president of GM’s operations in Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay, and prior to this role he was vice president and chief financial officer for the Latin America, Africa and Middle East region. Over the course of his more than 25 years with GM, he also lived and worked in Europe and the United States. In addition, he was with N M Rothschild & Sons Ltd. for two years, establishing the investment bank’s Colombian business before rejoining GM in 1998.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV