1. As of noon trading, Equity Residential ( EQR) is down $0.26 (-0.5%) to $51.06 on light volume. Thus far, 671,537 shares of Equity Residential exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $50.24-$51.11 after having opened the day at $51.02 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.32. Equity Residential, a real estate investment trust (REIT), engages in the acquisition, development, and management of multifamily properties in the United States. Equity Residential has a market cap of $18.2 billion and is part of the financial sector. Shares are down 9.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Equity Residential a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Equity Residential as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins. Get the full Equity Residential Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the real estate industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Real Estate ( IYR) while those bearish on the real estate industry could consider ProShares Short Real Estate Fund ( REK).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts