[video] Quick Take: Folks, It's a Normal Correction
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Equities continue lower ahead of Wednesday's Federal Reserve Federal Open Market Committee meeting. Albert Fried's Ben Willis toldTheStreet's Debra Borchardt that this is a buying opportunity.
With the FOMC meeting scheduled for 2:00 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, volume is lighter than usual and the price action has favored the downside.
Blame it on taper talks if you want, says Willis, but this correction was coming regardless.
He added that he's been waiting months for a pullback such as this, which is very slow and tedious on light summer volume.Willis added that he has been under the belief the Fed would taper in September, and it seems as though many others now agree. In a way, tapering has already been in effect. With the Federal Reserve talking about the issue and addressing it, traders and investors have had time to brace for the news. He doesn't know when the tapering will start and where the Fed will slow down the bond buying --Treasuries, mortgage-backed securities or perhaps both. He concluded this selloff is only a missed opportunity if investors are not buying. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV