- Hedge funds, as measured by the Credit Suisse Hedge Fund Index, finished July up 0.88%, with 2 out of 10 strategies in positive territory;
- In total, the industry saw estimated outflows of approximately $0.5 billion in July, bringing overall assets under management for the industry to approximately $1.9 trillion;
- The sectors with the largest asset inflows on a percentage basis were Dedicated Short Bias and Multi-Strategy, with inflows in July equal to 0.62% and 0.57%, of the June 2013 levels, respectively;
- Event Driven funds generally sustained positive performance in July amid improved technical conditions and positive investor sentiment; and,
- Long/Short Equity funds posted overall positive returns in July as global markets were generally strong.
New Credit Suisse Hedge Fund Index Commentary Offers Insight Into July Hedge Fund Performance
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.