NEW YORK, Aug. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Credit Suisse Hedge Fund Index finished up 0.88% in July. A new monthly commentary offers insight into hedge fund performance through the month of July. Some key findings from the report include:
- Hedge funds, as measured by the Credit Suisse Hedge Fund Index, finished July up 0.88%, with 2 out of 10 strategies in positive territory;
- In total, the industry saw estimated outflows of approximately $0.5 billion in July, bringing overall assets under management for the industry to approximately $1.9 trillion;
- The sectors with the largest asset inflows on a percentage basis were Dedicated Short Bias and Multi-Strategy, with inflows in July equal to 0.62% and 0.57%, of the June 2013 levels, respectively;
- Event Driven funds generally sustained positive performance in July amid improved technical conditions and positive investor sentiment; and,
- Long/Short Equity funds posted overall positive returns in July as global markets were generally strong.
Industry commentaries and publications are available in the "News" section of our website, www.hedgeindex.com. Click here to view the full report which includes an overview of July hedge fund performance, in-depth commentary on individual hedge fund sectors and hedge fund return dispersion statistics for each strategy.
About Credit Suisse AGCredit Suisse AG is one of the world's leading financial services providers and is part of the Credit Suisse group of companies (referred to here as 'Credit Suisse'). As an integrated bank, Credit Suisse is able to offer clients its expertise in the areas of private banking, investment banking and asset management from a single source. Credit Suisse provides specialist advisory services, comprehensive solutions and innovative products to companies, institutional clients and high net worth private clients worldwide, and also to retail clients in Switzerland. Credit Suisse is headquartered in Zurich and operates in over 50 countries worldwide. The group employs approximately 46,300 people. The registered shares (CSGN) of Credit Suisse's parent company, Credit Suisse Group AG, are listed in Switzerland and, in the form of American Depositary Shares (CS), in New York. Further information about Credit Suisse can be found at www.credit-suisse.com. Copyright © 2013, CREDIT SUISSE GROUP AG and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.