ARMONK, N.Y., Aug. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) announced today that it has been named a leader for business consulting in Smart Cities projects in the IDC MarketScape: U.S. Business Consulting Services for Smart Cities 2013 Vendor Analysis (doc #242453, August 2013).
With deep expertise in helping cities, IBM has worked with thousands of cities globally to help transform their systems and provide better service to citizens.
According to the IDC report, IBM's ability to help clients achieve this new agenda is supported by comprehensive IT consulting services and industry-specific IT and business solutions, such as business analytics and Big Data, social business, smarter commerce, IBM's Intelligent Operations Center for Smarter Cities platform, and IBM's enterprise application and application management services."Clients consider IBM the most capable of all firms at challenging corporate culture, delivering value-creating innovation, and providing functional or technical insights and competence," said Cushing Anderson, program vice president, Project Based Services - Consulting, HR and Learning, IDC. "IBM is also seen as the most capable in its ability to help clients expand into new markets or geographies, drive innovation through their organizations, and improve their operational efficiency." "IBM continues to be recognized as a leader in the Smarter Cities market, and this latest report from IDC validates our strategy," said Michael J Dixon, PhD, general manager, IBM Smarter Cities. "Around the world, innovative city leaders are embracing IBM technology to improve outcomes and drive sustainable economic growth and enhanced quality of life for citizens." Mass urbanization, innovations, and new intelligence are changing the look of cities and challenging the next generation of leaders with new opportunities in public safety, healthcare, transportation, water and energy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV