CHICAGO, Aug. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Allscripts (NASDAQ: MDRX) announced the winners of the Open App Challenge this morning as part of the kickoff of the 2013 Allscripts Client Experience (ACE). The Challenge launched late in 2012 and the Phase 1 award recipients were announced earlier this year at HIMSS13 in New Orleans.
More than 98 developers answered the call to "Start a Revolution" by creating innovative applications that integrate directly with Allscripts Open Electronic Health Records (EHR) software.
Winning the grand prize of the Allscripts Open App Challenge, is Healthfinch, a company whose mission is to help increase quality and productivity by reducing non-reimbursable physician time and wasted staff time to zero. The winning Healthfinch Refillwizard application is on its way to achieving this mission by providing a solution that automates prescription renewal requests.
"A Connected Community of Health is powered by an Open environment that enables us all to work collaboratively to apply the best thinking and the most advanced technologies to enhance patient care," said Paul M. Black, President and Chief Executive Officer of Allscripts. "The winners of the Open App Challenge have put this innovation into practice at client sites, clearly demonstrating the benefits of an Open, Connected Community of Health."Two companies received the second place award. The first is ePREOP, which provides scheduling and authorization tools. These tools may help decrease unnecessary testing, enhance patient engagement, screen for high-risk conditions, and also enhance clinical decision support and discrete data transfer services between various health records in preparation for surgery. Also in second place is Keona Health, with an application that helps reduce time spent on unreimbursed medical phone calls, which may allow practices to see more patients and increase revenue.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV