3 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks Leading The Pack: BP, BPL, APU
Buckeye Partners L.P (NYSE: BPL) shares currently have a dividend yield of 6.30%. Buckeye Partners, L.P. owns and operates refined petroleum products pipeline systems in the United States. Its Pipelines & Terminals segment transports refined petroleum products; and provides bulk storage and terminal throughput services in the continental United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 24.06. The average volume for Buckeye Partners L.P has been 326,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Buckeye Partners L.P has a market cap of $6.6 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 51.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Buckeye Partners L.P as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP has improved earnings per share by 30.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP increased its bottom line by earning $2.31 versus $1.25 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.36 versus $2.31).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 40.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $54.38 million to $76.43 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 30.90% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 28.92% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- The gross profit margin for BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP is rather low; currently it is at 16.25%. Regardless of BPL's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BPL's net profit margin of 7.60% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full Buckeye Partners L.P Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts