M.D.C. Holdings Inc. Stock Downgraded (MDC)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- MDC's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 21.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 54.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- MDC HOLDINGS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, MDC HOLDINGS INC turned its bottom line around by earning $1.26 versus -$2.11 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.56 versus $1.26).
- The gross profit margin for MDC HOLDINGS INC is rather low; currently it is at 19.49%. Regardless of MDC's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, MDC's net profit margin of 54.06% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- MDC has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 15.00% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$90.83 million or 2918.02% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV