CHICAGO, Aug. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: MORN), a leading provider of independent investment research, today announced the speakers and agenda for its fourth annual ETF Invest Conference Oct. 2-4 at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel in Chicago. The conference will feature key thought leaders in the exchange-traded fund (ETF) industry, investment experts, and Morningstar's analysts, to provide detailed discussion and debate for financial advisors, money managers, and ETF investors.
"For our fourth annual ETF conference, we are continuing our tradition of bringing together industry experts to discuss tactics, strategies, and portfolio management to help provide investors with the necessary knowledge and perspective for successful ETF investing," Ben Johnson, Morningstar's director of global passive funds research, said. "The ETF industry is still growing, and is important to the investor audiences we serve. ETF assets have increased nearly 14 percent through July of this year, and the total assets of the 605 ETF managed portfolio strategies in our database have increased 12 percent in just the first quarter of 2013."
Keynote speakers include Douglas Hodge, chief operating officer and managing director, PIMCO, who will deliver the opening address on Wednesday, Oct. 2; Austan Goolsbee, professor at the University of Chicago and former chairman of President Barack Obama's Council of Economic Advisers and Joseph Davis , principal and chief economist, Vanguard, who will both speak on Thursday, Oct. 3; and Rob Arnott , founder, Research Affiliates, who will speak on Friday, Oct. 4.
General sessions will feature some of the ETF industry's top strategists and thought leaders, including Heidi Richardson , director and senior global investment strategist, BlackRock; Matt Hougan, managing director of ETF analytics, IndexUniverse; Tom Lydon , editor and publisher, ETF Trends; and Brendan Conway, columnist, Barron's. The sessions will include a debate about the growing pains and next steps for the rapidly growing ETF managed portfolios space on Oct. 3 and the popular "Meet the Pundits" roundtable on Oct. 4, a free-wheeling panel discussion that will examine the current state of the ETF industry and look at what's ahead for ETF investors.The conference will also include 15 breakout sessions focusing on three key areas: strategic, tactical, and managed portfolio solutions. Featuring speakers from iShares, MSCI, Northern Trust, Russell Investments, S&P Dow Jones Indices, State Street Global Advisors, Vanguard, and WisdomTree, among other firms, the sessions will cover a wealth of timely topics, including:
- The latest innovations in indexing and how the shifting competitive landscape will affect investors;
- Gold prices, the recent sell-off, and the role of the precious metal in investor portfolios;
- Multiasset approaches to generating income in a low-yield environment;
- The current macro landscape and practical implications for tactical investing;
- How bond investors should position themselves in the face of increased bond market volatility;
- Risk factors and how investors can isolate market inefficiencies to drive investment results;
- The implications of adding alternative investments to ETF managed portfolios;
- Quantitative model-driven portfolios and how ETFs mesh with quantitative strategies; and
- Credit and liquidity risks in high-yield sectors.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts