FEDERAL WAY, Wash., Aug. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Weyerhaeuser Company (NYSE: WY) today announced a number of changes to its senior management team.
Larry Burrows, senior vice president, Wood Products, will retire on Oct. 31, 2013.
Cathy Slater has been named senior vice president, Oriented Strand Board, Engineered Lumber Products and Distribution, effective immediately. Slater brings more than 25 years of forest industry experience to this role, including a variety of leadership positions in the company's Cellulose Fibers and Wood Products businesses.Adrian Blocker has been named senior vice president, Lumber, effective immediately. Blocker joined Weyerhaeuser in May 2013 as vice president, Lumber. He brings more than 30 years of experience to this role, including forestland management, fiber procurement, consumer packaging, and wood products manufacturing of lumber, plywood and laminated veneer lumber. Both Slater and Blocker will report to Doyle Simons, president and chief executive officer. "Both Adrian and Cathy bring manufacturing expertise and tremendous focus on results to their new roles," Simons said. "I look forward to working directly with each of them as we continue to drive operational excellence in our Wood Products businesses. "I want to thank Larry for his leadership over the last few years, as he steered our Wood Products business through the unprecedented economic downturn and drove significant improvement throughout the business," Simons added. "Over the next couple of months, Larry will work closely with Cathy and Adrian to ensure a smooth transition. We wish him all the best in his retirement." Weyerhaeuser also announced the retirement of Miles Drake, chief technology officer and senior vice president Research and Development. Effective immediately, the company's R&D organization will report directly to Shaker Chandrasekaran, senior vice president, Cellulose Fibers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV