FIAT® has selected AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ:AVAV) as the preferred provider of home charging stations and installations for its all-new, all-electric Fiat 500e. FIAT is the fifth plug-in electric vehicle (EV) auto manufacturer to choose AeroVironment as its full-service home charging partner.
The 2013 Fiat 500e features a 24-kWh Lithium-ion battery that will allow drivers to travel an estimated 108 miles, and uses an industry standard SAE J1772 recharge connector. The FIAT-branded 240-volt refueling station will charge the Fiat 500e in four hours or less versus the approximate 20 hours it would take using a standard 120-volt charging cable. AeroVironment’s UL-listed station can be installed indoors or outdoors, making it easy to locate the station in the most convenient location.
“The Fiat 500e increases the number of plug-in electric vehicles available to American drivers,” said Wahid Nawabi, AeroVironment senior vice president and general manager of its Efficient Energy Systems business segment. “By choosing AeroVironment as its one-stop solution for home charging, FIAT has given us yet another opportunity to demonstrate that electric driving can be easy. At home and on the road, our charging solutions give EV drivers the benefits and convenience of faster charging and cleaner driving.”
Fiat 500e owners can bundle the home charger and installation with the car purchase right at the FIAT Studio. AeroVironment-certified, licensed electricians who are also specially qualified to support EV drivers perform on-site installation and services.Nawabi said, “Having your own auto refueling station right in your garage or driveway gives EV drivers a new kind of freedom. It makes charging your car as easy as charging your cell phone, and it’s much less expensive than gasoline. We are dedicated to developing more ‘gotta have’ charging products that will make refueling even easier as more EVs hit the roadways.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV