NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Today I preview ten companies in the retail wholesale sector who report quarterly results Thursday and premarket Friday. All 10 have buy ratings according to ValuEngine. The retail wholesale sector is 24.9% overvalued, but with more than 70% of all stocks in the sector rated buy, it's a sector that continues to have an overweight rating.
Most of the retailers previewed today are in the malls around the country, and cater to folks of all ages for their casual apparel needs; from infants to preteens, teenagers and young adults. A few of these stores compete against each other. Once consumers buy the clothing and footwear of their choice, they can turn to a closeout retailer of merchandise and toys, and check out video and entertainment software. With any money left in their pockets they can also visit a discount variety store before ending their shopping spree.
This morning the ValuEngine valuation warning continues with 75.8% of all stocks overvalued 43.2% by 20% or more. 15 of 16 sectors are overvalued, 12 by double-digit percentages, seven by more than 20%.
Technically, the major equity averages straddle their five-week modified moving averages are 15,306 Dow Industrials, 1666.8 S&P 500, 3573 Nasdaq, 6426 Dow transports and 1026.03 Russell 2000 with the 12x3x3 weekly slow stochastic readings mixed versus the overall overbought threshold of an 80.00 reading. It appears that it will take a week or two to either confirm or deny the early-August highs as cycle highs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV