- Professor Poon's oral presentation, titled "Phase 3 Randomized, Double-Blind, Dummy-Controlled Trial of Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) + Lyso-Thermosensitive Liposomal Doxorubicin for Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC) Lesions 3-7 cm," will be held on September 14, 2013 at 12:00 p.m. (local time) during the Plenary Session. ILCA has selected the HEAT Study presentation to be webcast as part of an online educational program of the ILCA 2013 Annual Conference. Professor Poon's presentation will be made available online after the conference.
- Professor Poon's presentation will include the most recent overall survival data. Recent HEAT Study post-hoc analysis, strongly suggest positive progression-free survival (PFS) and overall survival (OS) in ThermoDox® treated patients when heating cycles from the radiofrequency ablation (RFA) procedure were optimized. Celsion has conducted a comprehensive analysis of the data from the Phase III HEAT Study of ThermoDox® in HCC, also known as primary liver cancer. Subgroup analysis based on RFA heating duration continues to suggest that ThermoDox® markedly improves Overall Survival, when compared to the control group, in patients if their lesions undergo RFA for 45 minutes or more. These findings apply to single HCC lesions (63% of the HEAT Study population) from both size cohorts of the HEAT Study (3-5 cm and 5-7 cm) and represent approximately 300 patients.
- Celsion is sponsoring a symposium in conjunction with the ILCA conference moderated by Professor Riccardo Lencioni, MD, FSIR, EBIR, the Director of the Division of Diagnostic Imaging and Intervention at Pisa University School of Medicine in Italy. Participants will include Professor Josep Llovet, MD, PhD, Professor of Medicine and Director, Mount Sinai Liver Cancer Program, Mount Sinai School of Medicine; Ghassan K. Abou-Alfa MD, PhD, Associate Attending Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, Associate Professor, Weill Medical College at Cornell University, New York, NY, and Associate Professor, Gastrointestinal Oncology Service, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY ; and Professor Ronnie Poon, MD, PhD. The discussion will focus on a review of new developments in the treatment of early-intermediate HCC and discuss updated data from the HEAT Study post-hoc analysis. The Company will also have an Exhibit Booth (#2) at the ILCA conference to meet with attendees.
Celsion Announces Official ThermoDox® HEAT Study Results To Be Presented At The International Liver Cancer Association (ILCA) 2013 Annual Conference In Washington, D.C. On September 14, 2013
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts