LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J., Aug. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Celsion Corporation (NASDAQ: CLSN) announced today that Ronnie T.P. Poon, MD, MS, PhD, FRCS (Edin), FACS, Professor of Surgery at the University of Hong Kong and Lead Asia Pacific Principal Investigator for Celsion's Phase III HEAT Study of ThermoDox® in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) will present the official clinical trial results from the HEAT Study at the International Liver Cancer Association 7 th Annual Conference being held September 13-15, 2013 in Washington D.C. Following the presentation on September 14, 2013, the Company is sponsoring a symposium of leading liver cancer experts to discuss new directions in the treatment of early-intermediate HCC.
- Professor Poon's oral presentation, titled "Phase 3 Randomized, Double-Blind, Dummy-Controlled Trial of Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) + Lyso-Thermosensitive Liposomal Doxorubicin for Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC) Lesions 3-7 cm," will be held on September 14, 2013 at 12:00 p.m. (local time) during the Plenary Session. ILCA has selected the HEAT Study presentation to be webcast as part of an online educational program of the ILCA 2013 Annual Conference. Professor Poon's presentation will be made available online after the conference.
- Professor Poon's presentation will include the most recent overall survival data. Recent HEAT Study post-hoc analysis, strongly suggest positive progression-free survival (PFS) and overall survival (OS) in ThermoDox® treated patients when heating cycles from the radiofrequency ablation (RFA) procedure were optimized. Celsion has conducted a comprehensive analysis of the data from the Phase III HEAT Study of ThermoDox® in HCC, also known as primary liver cancer. Subgroup analysis based on RFA heating duration continues to suggest that ThermoDox® markedly improves Overall Survival, when compared to the control group, in patients if their lesions undergo RFA for 45 minutes or more. These findings apply to single HCC lesions (63% of the HEAT Study population) from both size cohorts of the HEAT Study (3-5 cm and 5-7 cm) and represent approximately 300 patients.
- Celsion is sponsoring a symposium in conjunction with the ILCA conference moderated by Professor Riccardo Lencioni, MD, FSIR, EBIR, the Director of the Division of Diagnostic Imaging and Intervention at Pisa University School of Medicine in Italy. Participants will include Professor Josep Llovet, MD, PhD, Professor of Medicine and Director, Mount Sinai Liver Cancer Program, Mount Sinai School of Medicine; Ghassan K. Abou-Alfa MD, PhD, Associate Attending Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, Associate Professor, Weill Medical College at Cornell University, New York, NY, and Associate Professor, Gastrointestinal Oncology Service, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY ; and Professor Ronnie Poon, MD, PhD. The discussion will focus on a review of new developments in the treatment of early-intermediate HCC and discuss updated data from the HEAT Study post-hoc analysis. The Company will also have an Exhibit Booth (#2) at the ILCA conference to meet with attendees.
The International Liver Cancer Association is the only international organization devoted exclusively to liver cancer research for experts from all related disciplines – medical, interventional and surgical oncology as well as hepatology. ILCA's Executive Committee consists of Dr. Josep M. Llovet (President); Professor Riccardo Lencioni and Dr. Morris Sherman. Celsion notes that Professors Lencioni and Poon and Dr. Sherman are principal investigators on the HEAT Study.
About Celsion Corporation
Celsion is dedicated to the development and commercialization of innovative cancer drugs, including tumor-targeting treatments using focused heat energy in combination with heat-activated liposomal drug technology. Celsion has research, license or commercialization agreements with leading institutions, including the National Institutes of Health, Duke University Medical Center, University of Hong Kong, the University of Pisa, the UCLA Department of Medicine, the Kyungpook National University Hospital, the Beijing Cancer Hospital and the University of Oxford. For more information on Celsion, visit our website: http://www.celsion.com.Celsion wishes to inform readers that forward-looking statements in this release are made pursuant to the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Readers are cautioned that such forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties including, without limitation, unforeseen changes in the course of research and development activities and in clinical trials; the significant expense, time, and risk of failure of conducting clinical trials; HEAT Study data is subject to further verification and review by the HEAT Study Data Management Committee; the need for Celsion to evaluate its future development plans; termination of the Technology Development Contract or collaboration between Celsion and HISUN at any time; possible acquisitions or licenses of other technologies, assets or businesses or the possible failure to make such acquisitions or licenses; possible actions by customers, suppliers, competitors, regulatory authorities; and other risks detailed from time to time in the Celsion 's periodic reports and prospectuses filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Celsion assumes no obligation to update or supplement forward-looking statements that become untrue because of subsequent events, new information or otherwise. Investor Contact Jeffrey W. ChurchSenior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer609-482-2455 email@example.com SOURCE Celsion Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV