HAMILTON, Bermuda, Aug. 21, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Central European Media Enterprises Ltd. ("CME" or the "Company") (Nasdaq:CETV) (Prague Stock Exchange:CETV) announced that effective today Adrian Sarbu is resigning as President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company.
Mr. Sarbu has played a prominent role in the Company for nearly two decades. Initially, he was CME's partner when CME launched Pro TV in Romania in 1995. Subsequently, he served as Chief Operating Officer of the Company from 2007 to 2009. Since 2009 he has been President and CEO.
Ronald Lauder, CME's founder and Chairman of the CME Board of Directors, said on behalf of the Board: "I would like to thank Adrian for his numerous contributions to the success of CME and for the passion, dedication and outstanding creative vision he has shown since 1995. Over this period, Adrian drove the implementation of CME's multi-channel strategy and new media initiatives. And he has worked diligently and successfully as CEO to maintain the Company's market leading positions in difficult macroeconomic conditions and a transitional period in the industry. We are grateful for Adrian's leadership throughout and look forward to continuing to work with him in the future."Adrian Sarbu said: "I am proud to have been a part of CME for nearly 20 years and to have ensured the continued success of the Company through this very challenging period. It is an outstanding organization with talented employees. I am confident the Company is well positioned for the future. My mission at CME is accomplished." In order to ensure an orderly transition, Mr. Sarbu will continue to be employed by CME until January 1, 2014. The Board has designated Duco Sickinghe, a member of the Board, to lead a committee of directors to ensure a smooth business transition while the committee conducts a search for a permanent CEO.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV