The telecommunications watchdog has also warned that E-Plus' frequency licenses stipulated that it remain independent.
Meanwhile, there may also be some resistance to Slim's ¿2.40-per-share offer for KPN itself. A foundation that essentially serves as a poison pill and was founded to safeguard KPN has said it's "concerned" about the bid.
The foundation, formally known as Stichting Preferente Aandelen B KPN, or Foundation Preference Shares B KPN, has an option to force KPN to issue it new shares equivalent to its current share capital minus one share.
KPN shares rose 2.4%, or ¿0.053, to ¿2.284 in early Amsterdam trading.--Written by Andrew Bulkeley
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV