Southern California Edison (SCE) crews have restored power in the Tulare and Visalia areas to most of the customers affected by extreme weather conditions. About 1,200 customers remain without power due to the widespread damage caused by lightning, rain and wind in the San Joaquin area. Initially, more than 120,000 customers were impacted by the storm damage.
SCE recommends that those customers still without power prepare to be without service tonight and into tomorrow while repairs continue. The company recognizes this is an inconvenience for customers and appreciates their patience as crews continue working to restore service as quickly and safely as possible after this severe damage to the system.
The Outage Center map and list of outages for the San Joaquin area, available on SCE.com, will be updated when restoration times are available.
More than 40 crews and more than 200 SCE personnel are in the area to help restore service, many of them coming from other regions. Crews will remain until service is restored to all customers.SCE reminds customers to keep these safety tips in mind:
- Never approach or touch a downed power line. Do not touch anything that is in contact with downed lines. Those lines may still be energized and pose a danger. Stay away and call 911 immediately.
- Watch for traffic signals that may be out. Approach those intersections as four-way stops
- To prevent loss of data and/or damage to your sensitive electronic equipment, consider surge suppressors or shut off or disconnect all such equipment until power has been restored to protect against electrical events that can accompany outages or that can occur during service restoration.
- Leave the doors of your refrigerator and freezer closed to keep your food as fresh as possible. Place blocks of ice inside to help keep food cold. Check food carefully for signs of spoilage.
- Check on your neighbors to make sure everyone is safe.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV