Alcatel-Lucent (ALU): Today's Featured Technology Laggard
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Alcatel-Lucent (ALU) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Alcatel-Lucent fell $0.11 (-4.2%) to $2.54 on average volume. Throughout the day, 19,109,799 shares of Alcatel-Lucent exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 15,473,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $2.52-$2.62 after having opened the day at $2.62 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $2.65. Other companies within the Technology sector that declined today were: Alvarion (ALVR), down 24.1%, CounterPath Corporation (CPAH), down 13.6%, China TechFaith Wireless Comm Tech (CNTF), down 13.5% and Zoom Technologies (ZOOM), down 8.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Alcatel-Lucent Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV