Trade-Ideas: Analog Devices (ADI) Is Today's Post-Market Laggard Stock
- ADI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $54.3 million.
- ADI is down 2.7% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ADI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ADI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ADI: Analog Devices, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of analog, mixed-signal, and digital signal processing integrated circuits (ICs) for use in industrial, automotive, consumer, and communication markets worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.8%. ADI has a PE ratio of 23.1. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Analog Devices a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Analog Devices has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Analog Devices has a market cap of $14.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.22 and a short float of 1.6% with 4.06 days to cover. Shares are up 13.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Analog Devices as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 1.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $162.90 million to $164.47 million.
- ADI's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.17 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 8.85, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $252.19 million or 11.60% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -22.21%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Despite the weak revenue results, ADI has outperformed against the industry average of 12.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.3%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Analog Devices Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.