The Finish Line Youth Foundation today announced that its Back-to-School Drive in 656 Finish Line stores raised $513,330, shattering its initial goal of $207,000. Funds raised from the drive which ran from August 1 to 19 will benefit Special Olympics programming in all 50 states.
“We’re so grateful for the amount of support and generosity the Youth Foundation has received from Finish Line customers,” said Marty Posch, Executive Director of the Finish Line Youth Foundation. “By helping us raise twice the amount we expected, our customers have made an even greater impact on the lives of Special Olympics athletes.”
The Youth Foundation will support 19 other non-profits in the U.S. this quarter with an additional combined $100,011 in grants. The Youth Foundation supports qualified, non-profit organizations that provide community-based access to athletics for children, as well as camps that provide services to those who are disadvantaged or disabled.
- Bike Works Community Bike Shop (Seattle, Wash.) - $20,000 to fund the renovation and expansion of Bike Works’ classroom spaces and to build a mobile classroom. For 17 years, Bike Works has been serving the Seattle community by giving at-risk children opportunities to be healthy and active while teaching them fundamentals of bike education and safety.
- Aaron’s Acres (Lancaster, Pa.) - $3,411 for a camp and year-round activities for children with developmental disabilities.
- Apple Ridge Farm (Roanoke, Va.) - $5,000 for its summer camp for kids who live in public housing communities.
- Camp Smile-A-Mile (Birmingham, Ala.) - $5,000 to help fund year-round programming for children living with cancer in Alabama.
- Circle Camps for Grieving Children (Pittsburgh, Pa.) - $5,000 to fund an overnight camp for young girls who have experienced the death of a parent.
- G.L.A.D. House, Inc. (Cincinnati, Ohio) - $3,000 to fund a camp for high-risk children impacted by a family member’s addiction.
- Hear Indiana (Indianapolis, Ind.) - $5,000 to fund a listening and spoken language camp for deaf and hearing-impaired children.
- Recovery Resource Council (Fort Worth, Texas) - $5,000 for a camp for kids ages six to 12 who live in homeless or domestic violence shelters.
- Sickle Cell Disease Foundation of California (Los Angeles) - $2,500 to fund a specialized summer camp for children with sickle-cell anemia.
- America SCORES New York (New York, N.Y.) - $5,000 for its after school program linking soccer, creative writing and service learning.
- Bridge II Sports (Durham, N.C.) - $4,000 to fund a wheelchair basketball league for youth with disabilities
- DREAM Alive (Indianapolis, Ind.) - $5,000 for an after school mentoring and leadership program for kids in inner-city Indianapolis.
- Far Conservatory of Therapeutic and Performing Arts (Birmingham, Mich.) - $5,000 to fund ice skating and ice hockey for children with special needs.
- Friends of Patapsco Valley State Park (Ellicott City, Md.) - $4,600 to help fund safety surfacing for a universally-accessible play space.
- Girls on the Run of Northern Virginia (Fairfax, Va.) - $5,000 for the group’s after school running program to help inspire young girls to be joyful, healthy and confident.
- P.F. Bresee Foundation (Los Angeles, Calif.) - $5,000 to fund a comprehensive after school program for at-risk youth in Central Los Angeles.
- Posimoto Changing Faces, Inc. (Tampa, Fla.) - $5,000 for a sports mentoring program for at-risk youth.
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children (Dallas, Texas) - $2,500 for a golf therapy program for children with orthopedic disabilities.
- The Tiny Tim Center (Longmont, Colo.) - $5,000 for yoga programs for children with and without special needs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV