NOK, QIHU And GLW, Pushing Technology Sector Downward
1. As of noon trading, Corning ( GLW) is down $0.20 (-1.4%) to $14.52 on average volume. Thus far, 6.0 million shares of Corning exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $14.47-$14.75 after having opened the day at $14.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.72. Corning Incorporated produces and sells specialty glasses, ceramics, and related materials worldwide. It operates through five segments: Display Technologies, Telecommunications, Environmental Technologies, Specialty Materials, and Life Sciences. Corning has a market cap of $21.9 billion and is part of the electronics industry. Shares are up 19.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Corning a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Corning as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Corning Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the technology sector could consider Technology Select Sector SPDR ( XLK) while those bearish on the technology sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Technology ( REW).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts