4. As of noon trading, Chesapeake Energy ( CHK) is up $0.61 (2.5%) to $25.38 on average volume. Thus far, 6.2 million shares of Chesapeake Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $24.76-$25.50 after having opened the day at $24.77 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.77. Chesapeake Energy Corporation engages in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of natural gas and oil properties in the United States. The company also offers marketing, midstream, drilling, and other oilfield services. Chesapeake Energy has a market cap of $16.6 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 49.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Chesapeake Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 17 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Chesapeake Energy as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and generally higher debt management risk. Get the full Chesapeake Energy Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts