Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:33 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Wednesday.
Barclays said Cummins (CMI) is a buy. Cramer is leery of the call, saying he doesn't trust it. CMI was flat at $123.43.
Tupperware Brands (TUP) was upgraded by BMO, and Cramer said profit-taking makes sense. TUP fell 3.7% to $82.59.Cramer suggested that getting National Football League products on DirecTV (DTV) isn't an automatic win for the company. He said specific targeting by geographic region is a tough task. DTV was off 1.9% to $57.54. BMO said to buy Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) ahead of its earnings report. Cramer said this analyst strategy of calling stocks a buy ahead of earnings has been working lately to raise the stock price. HPQ was off 1.8% to $25.38. Cramer said he expected Toll Brothers (TOL) stock to take a pause when the homebuilder reported earnings, but said today's conference call will be very important. TOL was flat at $31.65. GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) was upgraded to outperform from market-perform by Cowen & Co. Cowen must think the stock is hot, Cramer mused. GSK is a holding in Cramer's charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS. GSK was unchanged at $51.86. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV