Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA), today provided early details of the successful worldwide launch of Plants vs. Zombies ™ 2. The highly anticipated sequel to PopCap’s Plants vs. Zombies, Plants vs. Zombies 2 is initially available exclusively for iPhone ®, iPad ® and iPod touch ®, and became available last Thursday in the App Store for free on a worldwide basis.
Plants vs. Zombies 2 has been downloaded more than 16 million times by zealous fans around the world, making it the most successful mobile game launch in EA’s history. The game also achieved one of the biggest opening weekends on the App Store ever for a mobile game title. Further, day one downloads nearly doubled EA’s previous mobile record, and in five days the game rocketed to the #1 top game position on the App Store in 137 countries worldwide (on either the iPad or iPhone charts). With an App Store rating average of 4.5/5 stars, Plants vs. Zombies 2 has rapidly become a favorite of critics and consumers alike.
"We are grateful and delighted with the incredible reception Plants vs. Zombies 2 has received from consumers around the globe," said Tony Leamer, Franchise Business Director for Plants vs. Zombies. "We certainly had high hopes for the game, but to see fans playing the game so quickly and in such huge numbers is truly amazing."
To date, the 16 million people playing Plants vs. Zombies 2 worldwide have collectively cultivated the following fun figures:
- Over 11 billion suns generated
- Over 2 billion zombie waves
- Over 4 billion plants planted
- Over 25 million hours played
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV