NEW YORK, Aug. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Johnnie Walker announces its next step in the art of blending with the release of Johnnie Walker Platinum Label® blended Scotch whisky. Inspired by a Walker family custom to craft exclusive Scotch whisky blends for private gatherings that were never sold, Platinum Label is the most perfectly crafted 18-year-old blended Scotch whisky John Walker & Sons has ever made and will now be available in the United States this August.
Like the rare and precious metal for which it's named, Johnnie Walker Platinum Label is rich and refined – delivering the depth and complexity expected from a full flavored Johnnie Walker blend. Crafted from single malt and grain whiskies, each matured for a minimum of eighteen years, Johnnie Walker Platinum Label is a complex, delicate, smoky blend harboring deep layers of flavor that perfectly balance the diverse character of the distilleries from which it came and the wooden casks in which it has rested.
"Since the days of John Walker, private blends have played an important role in the House of Walker. It's the smaller, exclusive settings and experiences that often produce the best memories," said Master Blender Jim Beveridge. "We blended Johnnie Walker Platinum Label as a whisky to be enjoyed responsibly during those treasured moments."Master Blender Jim Beveridge draws the whiskies in this blend from a limited number of casks, carefully selected from only twenty to twenty-five distilleries due to their exceptional character. Johnnie Walker Platinum Label is a skillful blend of style and substance artfully crafted by Beveridge. The recommended serve for Johnnie Walker Platinum Label is neat or with a few drops of distilled water. The water unlocks the richness of the preciously crafted 18-year old whisky and releases a drange of aromas from tart tangerines to woody almonds and creates a deeply satisfying tangy and fruitful flavor profile.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV