Aetna (NYSE: AET) and iTriage®, one of the market leaders in consumer healthcare technology, today jointly announced the launch of a customizable employer enhancement to the iTriage consumer health app. Nearly 4,000 Aetna mid-sized employer clients can now offer their employees a company-specific, enhanced version of the iTriage app. The iTriage employer-customized app:
- Customizes information for consumers based on their specific health benefits plan;
- Helps employees understand how using an in-network health care provider can be more affordable, which can also create cost savings for employers; and
- Reduces administrative work for health care providers, who will benefit from informed patients who have selected the right physician, facility and level of care based on their individual needs.
“The launch of the iTriage employer-customized app solution to Aetna’s mid-sized employer clients supports our shared vision of creating a better health care experience for our customers and their employees,” said Vibha Jha, vice president and head of Key Accounts for Aetna. “For the first time, employees and their families are able to use all of the unique features of iTriage with information based on their specific benefits plan.”
Founded in 2008, iTriage’s free consumer health care app has been downloaded nearly 10 million times, with 50 million uses each year, helping connect consumers with answers to “What could be wrong?” and “Where can I go for care?” With the launch of the new customizable app, employers can also now guide their employees who are looking for care within their network.
“iTriage is using innovation to change the health care delivery landscape,” said Dr. Peter Hudson, CEO and co-founder, iTriage. “We believe consumers and their employers are uniquely positioned to sculpt the next horizon of health care, and our products are focused on accelerating that change. Working with such a large group of employers and members is a huge milestone that underscores our mission to help consumers make better health care decisions.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts