MOSCOW, Aug. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Honeywell (NYSE:HON) announced today that Antipinsky Refinery CJSC will use Honeywell's Experion® Process Knowledge System (PKS) to control plant processes and general refinery facilities as part of the third stage of construction of the Antipinsky Refinery in Tyumen, Russia. The commissioning of the plant will double the refinery's capacity to 7.5 million tons annually, helping meet the growing demand for clean fuels and other oil products in Russia and the European Union (EU).
Deploying Experion PKS is part of an initiative to create a single, central operations center at the Antipinsky Refinery. As an additional part of this initiative, Honeywell will supply up to 60 additional workstations to the refinery, which will be installed in the unified refinery control center.
"There is significant demand for Antipinsky Refinery products, both in the region and throughout Russia and the EU," said Leonid Sorkin, general manager, Honeywell Russia. "Honeywell's advanced process automation systems will help the business grow efficiently and safely."
The new construction is part of the refinery's plan to increase its capacity of crude oil processing and to enable production of products in the next year that meet the EU quality of the Euro-5 emission standards. The project also includes the construction of a water treatment plant, sewage treatment plant, steam generation plant and other general refinery facilities. This phase of construction is expected to be completed by the end of this year."By selecting Honeywell, we were able to get everything we needed through a single, reliable supplier," said Gennady Lisovichenko, general manager and member of the board at Antipinsky Refinery CJSC. "The implementation of Experion PKS will empower our workforce and greatly enhance the safety and efficiency of the refinery's processes."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV