Enterprise Mobile, a business unit of Intermec Technologies Corporation (NYSE:IN), and a pioneer in delivering comprehensive managed mobility services, is excited to announce that Gartner has recognized the company in its 2013 Magic Quadrant for Managed Mobility Services. * Gartner’s Magic Quadrant research tool provides a graphical competitive positioning of providers in fast-growing markets, and is the culmination of extensive industry research and interviews with customers from each of the selected organizations. This is the first year that Gartner has applied its Magic Quadrant methodology to managed services for enterprise mobile devices. Gartner evaluated 18 service providers in this report.
As of June 30, 2013, Enterprise Mobile had nearly 500,000 mobile devices under management for the following services:
- Enterprise Mobility Planning, including consulting on mobile strategy, technology evaluation, BYOD, device selection, application enablement, and platform migration
- Device Deployment, including initial device provisioning, configuration, and kitting
- Mobile Workforce Support, including customer-branded mobility helpdesk support 24x7x365
- Device Depot, including spare pool management, overnight replacement, warranty management, asset recovery, and recycling
- MDM Enablement, including consulting, procurement, implementation, and ongoing administration of leading MDM solutions
- Telecom Expense Management (TEM), including customer-specific e-procurement portal creation and management, and ongoing optimization and auditing of wireless carrier spend
“We are absolutely thrilled by this recognition,” says Bill Pratt, General Manager at Enterprise Mobile. “Because of the rigor of the selection process, the Gartner Magic Quadrant is considered a highly trusted research tool, and an important first step for buyers evaluating emerging technologies. We are honored to be identified among what we believe are the top mobility services providers worldwide.”
Enterprise Mobile excels in a number of areas, including device sourcing and provisioning, hardware and software support, and holistic mobility program management. Among its key competitive differentiators are the company’s 24x7x365 global helpdesk and Telecom Expense Management (TEM) services. Through its cloud-based Telecom Expense Management (TEM) service, which can process orders and transactions across 142 global carriers, Enterprise Mobile can help businesses save up to $15 per device per month.