- Fruit freezies: Puree a favorite mixture of fresh fruits and fruit juice and pour into Popsicle moldings before freezing overnight. For a tasty twist, add in honey, mint or basil. Another alternative is to set out organic, frozen fruit — such as berries or grapes — for 5-10 minutes before munching down. The fruit will thaw enough to chew and enjoy, but still hold a chill to cool down even the hottest summer days.
- Homemade banana ice cream: Place frozen bananas in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add in unsweetened almond milk for a creamier texture and top with raw nuts, chopped dates or dark chocolate chips.
- Fruit kabobs: Slide cubed fruit on wooden skewers. Use a variety of different colors such as pineapples, grapes, mango, kiwi, apples and berries to make it fun and delicious.
- Sandwich on a stick: Place a small square of bread on a skewer and follow with a cube of cheese, preservative and antibiotic free sandwich meat, a cherry tomato, lettuce and a sliced cucumber then top with another small square of bread. As a quick alternative, wrap natural sandwich meat around carrots, celery or cheese for an added crunch.
- Cucumber hummus boats: Slice a small cucumber in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Fill the middle with hummus and top with chopped tomatoes and feta.
Life Time Fitness Foundation Releases Top 5 Healthy Snacks
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts