SALT LAKE CITY, Aug. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- USANA Health Sciences, Inc. (NYSE: USNA), an international nutritional company, announced exciting new products and upgrades to their low-glycemic Foods line during its 21st International Convention. USANA unveiled four new products: a mild-flavored meal replacement shake called Nutrimeal™ Free and three protein snacks-- Choco Chip™, Peanutty Bliss™ and Fudge Delite™. The company also introduced customers to reformulated Nutrimeal flavors and a new, upgraded probiotic supplement.
"USANA's new protein snacks, along with Nutrimeal Free and our other product upgrades, are major steps forward in the continued development of our Foods product line," says USANA Chief Marketing Officer Doug Braun. "The markets for diet, weight-management, and health-related products are constantly changing, and USANA understands the need to evolve with these marketing trends. It's important for us to stay relevant and listen to what our consumers want in order to continue our worldwide growth and success for years to come."
USANA's new Foods line now includes:
- Reformulated Nutrimeal product line. These meal replacement shakes now come in four varying gluten-free flavors, including Dutch Chocolate, French Vanilla, Chocolate Whey, and Wild Strawberry. The formulas were updated to improve the flavor and to cater to consumers with gluten intolerances. Packaging was also updated to reflect USANA's visual rebranding, which was launched last year at International Convention. Nutrimeal Free. Nutrimeal Free is a meal replacement shake made with plant-based protein. It is a gluten-, soy-, fructose- and dairy-free alternative for those with food allergies or those looking to reduce the daily intake of sugar in their diet.
- Three new protein snacks. The low-glycemic, gluten-free Choco Chip, Peanutty Bliss and Fudge Delite protein snacks are intended to serve as a healthy alternative for those who have weight-loss or weight-management issues due to their craving for sweets. They are the first products in the line that will eventually make up USANA's new weight management program.
- Reformulated Probiotic. USANA's probiotic food supplement supports digestive health with a unique blend of healthy bacteria that brings balance to the gut. The reformulated USANA Probiotic is dairy and sugar free, making it a great option for those with dairy sensitivities and for those limiting sugar in their daily diets.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts