More Americans are seeking to ensure that the companies they invest in match their values and beliefs, without having to forsake growth. Today, Bank of America’s investment businesses announced the launch of a new program that supports clients’ needs to align investments with the environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues they care about.
"One of the most pronounced trends we’ve seen in recent years is the call for wealth to have a productive impact on our environment, our communities, and our society broadly, in addition to earning an investment return," said Andrew Sieg, managing director and head of Global Wealth and Retirement Solutions for Bank of America Merrill Lynch. "This program offers opportunities for a wide range of investors with diverse interests and beliefs to help meet this need."
New offerings for investors on a mission
Together, Merrill Lynch Wealth Management and U.S. Trust now offer more than 180 ESG-themed investments to individual and institutional investors, including mutual funds, exchange traded funds, separately managed accounts, and alternative investments. These offerings are organized around three key themes:
- Environmental Stewardship – examining use of water, alternative energy, climate change and clean tech.
- Human Capital Practices – including “gender lens” investing (investments focused on improving the lives of women and girls) and faith-based investing.
- Corporate Governance – focusing on corporate transparency, disclosure, reporting and incentives.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV