Trade-Ideas: Home Depot (HD) Is Today's Pre-Market Leader Stock
- HD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $569.2 million.
- HD traded 77,097 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:38 AM.
- HD is up 3.8% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HD: The Home Depot, Inc. operates as a home improvement retailer. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. HD has a PE ratio of 23.9. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Home Depot a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Home Depot has been 7.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Home Depot has a market cap of $109.8 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.95 and a short float of 1.4% with 2.44 days to cover. Shares are up 21.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Home Depot as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HOME DEPOT INC has improved earnings per share by 22.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HOME DEPOT INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.00 versus $2.46 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.63 versus $3.00).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry average. The net income increased by 18.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,035.00 million to $1,226.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 14.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. When compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, HOME DEPOT INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $2,697.00 million or 8.31% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HOME DEPOT INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 5.74%.
- You can view the full Home Depot Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts