MOSCOW, August 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Mobile TeleSystems OJSC ("MTS" - NYSE: MBT), the leading telecommunications provider in Russia and the CIS, today announces its unaudited US GAAP financial results for the three months ended June 30, 2013.
Key Financial Highlights of Q2 2013
- Consolidated revenues up 5% y-o-y to RUB 97 billion
- Increase in mobile service revenue in Russia of 6% y-o-y to RUB 66 billion
- Data revenue growth of 40% y-o-y to RUB 11 billion
- Consolidated OIBDA up 10% y-o-y to RUB 44 billion
- Group OIBDA margin improved 1.9 pp y-o-y to 45.5%
- Consolidated net income  of RUB 29 billion
- Free cash-flow reached RUB 45 billion for the six months ended June 30, 2013
Key Corporate and Industry Highlights
- Approved a new dividend policy aimed at a payout of a minimum dividend distribution amount of at least 75% of Free Cash Flow for the relevant financial period or, if greater, RUB 40.0 billion per year
- Approved annual dividends of RUB 14.6 per ordinary MTS share (approximately RUB 29.2 per ADR) for the 2012 fiscal year, amounting to a total of RUB 30.2 billion
- Acquisition of 25.095% stake in MTS Bank through a share issuance for RUB 5.09 bln
- Reached an agreement with Altimo, Nomihold and other associated parties to settle all disputes related to investment in Bitel LLC, a mobile telephony services provider in the Kyrgyz Republic
- Issued USD-denominated Loan Participation Notes in the amount of $500 million with an annual interest rate of 5.00% and maturity in June 2023
- Placed exchange-traded ruble bond of RUB 10.0 billion with a maturity of 10years and a five-year put option
- Appointed Mr. Mikhail Arkhipov to the position of Vice President, Human Resources
- MTS's brand was ranked in the BRANDZ™ Top 100 Most Powerful Brands, a ranking published by the Financial Times and Millward Brown Optimor, with a brand value of $10.63 billion
- Signed an agreement with Ericsson to jointly develop telecommunications infrastructure for an LTE network rollout in Russia's Volga, Siberian, Ural and Southern Federal Districts
- Semi-annual dividend recommendation by the MTS Board of Directors of RUB 5.22 per ordinary MTS share ( RUB 10.44 per ADR) on the basis of H1 2013 financial and operating results for a total payout of RUB 10.8 billion
- Partnership with Nokia Siemens Networks to jointly develop telecommunications infrastructure and build 4G networks in the Moscow region and Russia's Central Federal District
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV