ALISO VIEJO, Calif., Aug. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Microsemi Corporation (Nasdaq: MSCC), a leading provider of semiconductor solutions differentiated by power, security, reliability and performance, today announced an expansion of its high-frequency vertical diffusion metal oxide semiconductor (VDMOS) MOSFET product family. The two higher power, higher voltage (V) VRF2944 and VRF3933 are designed to operate in the industrial, scientific and medical (ISM) frequency range of 2-60 megahertz (MHz). Targeted applications include commercial and defense RF power and broadband communications requiring high power and gain without compromising reliability, ruggedness or inter-modulation distortion.
The industry-leading VRF2944 offers 400 watts (W) or 33 percent higher output power at 50V supply voltages than competitive devices, including the SD2933. Microsemi's higher power device allows customers to increase the power of existing systems by this same 33 percent or decrease the dollar per W for their RF power systems. In addition, the gate resistor is integrated on the MOSFET which improves parasitic impedance to maintain the maximum operating frequency at 60MHz. The VRF2944, like Microsemi's previous generation product, the VRF2933, is capable of operating up to 65V supply voltages where a single VRF2944 can deliver 675W of output power.
The VRF3933 is capable of operating up to 100V supply voltages and delivering 300W of output power. The higher voltage MOSFET also gives a higher output impedance, which is easier to match to 50 ohm load. For example, four VRF3933 devices with two in parallel, and those two parallel pairs in push-pull, are capable of launching 1.1 kilowatts (kW) with 83V supply voltage through a 4:1 transformer to a 50 ohm load.Key features of Microsemi's VRF product family include:
- Higher voltage than many competitive devices for higher output power: Po is proportional to V 2;
- Nitride passivated chips for high reliability;
- Gold metallization and gold wire bonds for improved reliability; and
- Access to Microsemi's Application Engineering Group for design support.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV