COLUMBUS, Ohio, Aug. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Salads are gaining momentum at mealtime, and now the exciting flavors Americans are craving come in six new varieties from the leader in refrigerated dressings, T. Marzetti Company's successful line of Marzetti ® Simply Dressed ® refrigerated salad dressings. Honored as one of Progressive Grocer's Editor's Picks for innovation, taste and value, the new flavors are debuting in a freshly designed pourable bottle and made with a minimal number of simple ingredients including yogurt, extra virgin olive oil, canola oil (source of Omega-3 ALA) and sea salt.
"Marzetti is synonymous with great taste and quality ingredients and in a day when shoppers have so many options, it's important to provide them with the classic flavors they know and love as well as new and different varieties for everyday inspiration," said Mary Beth Cowardin, director of marketing for produce dips and dressings. "Not only does Simply Dressed come in many flavors, but its light, creamy and vinaigrette options are made with the ingredients America wants like yogurt, extra virgin olive oil, and sea salt."
All Simply Dressed flavors are free of preservatives, trans fats, high fructose corn syrup, added MSG, artificial flavors and colors. The new, sleek plastic bottle features a flip top dispensing cap, making it easy to pour and enjoy. Not only are the new dressings perfect for boosting the flavor of traditional salads but they also are great ingredients for pasta or potato salads and can be used as a marinade.
Fresh New Flavors Include: Flavorful Vinaigrettes
- Lemon: Popular restaurant salad dressing now available to enjoy at home
- Cherry Balsamic: Combination of balsamic flavor with a sweet cherry twist
- Light Balsamic: First yogurt-based balsamic vinaigrette creating a smooth and light taste
- Light Roasted Tomato: Roasted tomato is blended to make the perfect complement to any salad
- Light Red Wine Italian: New twist on a household staple dressing and classic favorite
- Light Veggie Ranch: Light yogurt-based ranch, blended with carrots and peppers