2. Travel Centers of America
The stock-price of Travel Centers of America ( TA) recently got hammered when the company reported a dismally massive downside surprise for last quarter's earnings. Make no mistake about it -- it was bad.
But the vast majority of the earnings miss can be attributed to this past quarter's unanticipated low profit margin on TA's critically important sales of gasoline, which sported a depressed price for much of last quarter. Everything else about the company seems to be sailing happily along toward a more prosperous future, and gas prices have been up significantly this entire quarter. Plus, the summer months are historically the best months, by far, for TA's business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV