Fiscal Year Analysis
Consolidated total revenues increased $50.4 million, or 0.8 percent, during the year ended June 30, 2013 compared to the prior year. Health plan premium revenues, on a same store basis, decreased $34.4 million, or 4.7 percent, during the year ended June 30, 2013 compared to the prior year due to the full year impact of the changes to Medicaid eligibility made by AHCCCS, effective October 1, 2011, and the resulting impact on PHP's enrollment. Uncompensated care as a percentage of net patient revenues (prior to uncompensated care deductions) was 21.3 percent during the year ended June 30, 2013 compared to 19.1 percent for the prior year, absent the impact of the prior year reimbursement updates.
Balance Sheet and Cash Flows
As of June 30, 2013, we had cash of $624.0 million and total debt of $2,996.2 million. These balances reflect the impact of the additional $300.0 million of borrowings under our term loan credit facility during the third quarter of fiscal 2013.Cash flows from operating activities improved by $187.2 million during the year ended June 30, 2013 compared to the prior year. Changes in net operating assets and liabilities negatively impacted operating cash flows by $64.8 million during the year ended June 30, 2013 compared to a negative impact of $292.8 million during the prior year. We made $206.3 million of interest and income tax payments during the year ended June 30, 2013, which was $39.4 million higher than these payments during the prior year. Interest payments were higher due to the additional senior notes issued in March 2012, while income tax payments increased as a result of the utilization of significantly all of our federal net operating loss carryforwards during the year ended June 30, 2012. Net days in accounts receivable decreased to 46 days at June 30, 2013 compared to 50 days at June 30, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV