Vanguard Health Systems, Inc. (NYSE: VHS) today announced financial and operating results for its fourth fiscal quarter and year ended June 30, 2013.
Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2013 Key Metrics (all percentage changes compare Q4 FY2013 to Q4 FY2012):
Consolidated and Same Store:
- Net income attributable to Vanguard Health Systems, Inc. stockholders was $14.5 million, or $0.18 per diluted share, compared to $19.3 million, or $0.24 per diluted share, during the prior year period. The prior year period was positively impacted by a lower than expected 9 percent effective income tax rate resulting from changes to state laws in Michigan and adjustments to state deferred tax asset valuation allowances on loss carryforwards in other states.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $141.5 million compared to $140.8 million during the prior year period.
- Discharges decreased 3.3 percent.
- Adjusted discharges decreased 1.6 percent.
- Patient revenue per adjusted discharge increased 1.5 percent.
Fiscal 2013 Key Metrics (all percentage changes compare fiscal year 2013 to fiscal year 2012):Consolidated:
- Total revenues increased $50.4 million or 0.8 percent.
- Net income attributable to Vanguard Health Systems, Inc. stockholders was $61.9 million, or $0.75 per diluted share, compared to $57.3 million, or $0.71 per diluted share, during the prior year. The prior year amount was positively impacted by $22.3 million, or $0.28 per diluted share, related to reimbursement updates for the rural floor provision of the Balanced Budget Act of 1997 and revised Supplemental Security Income ratios.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $555.5 million compared to $575.7 million during the prior year. The prior year amount was positively impacted by $34.6 million related to the reimbursement updates.
- Patient revenue per adjusted discharge increased 1.2 percent, absent the impact of the prior year reimbursement updates.
- Discharges decreased 2.6 percent.
- Adjusted discharges decreased 1.2 percent.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts