VANCOUVER, Aug. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Sandstorm Gold Ltd. ("Sandstorm" or the "Company") (NYSE MKT:SAND, TSX:SSL) has amended the previously announced gold stream agreement (the "Amended Gold Stream") with Mutiny Gold Ltd. ("Mutiny") (ASX:MYG). Mutiny is developing the Deflector project located in the Murchison Region of Western Australia ("Deflector").
In accordance with the Amended Gold Stream, Sandstorm has agreed to purchase an amount equal to 2.6% of the gold produced from Deflector in exchange for an upfront payment of US$6 million (the "Upfront Payment"). The Upfront Payment was previously remitted to Mutiny in the form of a loan, so there are no additional payments that are required to be made by Sandstorm.
ABOUT SANDSTORM GOLD
Sandstorm Gold Ltd. is a gold streaming company. Sandstorm provides upfront financing for gold mining companies that are looking for capital and in return receives a gold streaming agreement. This agreement gives Sandstorm the right to purchase a percentage of the life of mine gold produced, at a fixed price. Sandstorm is a non-operating gold mining company with a portfolio of ten gold streams, six of which are producing gold, and five NSR royalties. Sandstorm plans to grow and diversify its low cost production profile through the acquisition of additional gold streams.Sandstorm is focused on low cost operations with excellent exploration potential and strong management teams. Sandstorm has completed gold purchase or royalty agreements with Brigus Gold Corp., Canadian Zinc Corp., Colossus Minerals Inc., Columbus Gold Corp., Donner Metals Ltd., Entrée Gold Inc., Luna Gold Corp., Magellan Minerals Ltd., Metanor Resources Inc., Mutiny Gold Ltd., Santa Fe Gold Corp., SilverCrest Mines Inc., Rambler Metals and Mining plc and Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. For more information visit: www.sandstormgold.com. CAUTIONARY NOTE REGARDING FORWARD-LOOKING INFORMATION
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV