DENVER, Aug. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- On Saturday, Aug. 17, 111 Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) employees from across Colorado teamed with one goal in mind – to support the American Diabetes Association (ADA) Tour de Cure. Fueled by that commitment, the Lockheed Martin Colorado Space Riders team emerged as the top corporate team in funds raised for the ride.
Tour de Cure is a series of fundraising cycling events held across the nation that benefits the American Diabetes Association's mission: to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
Now in their sixth year with Tour de Cure, the Lockheed Martin Colorado team raised more than $51,000 towards the American Diabetes Association's mission. Riders represented many Front Range Lockheed Martin campuses including Boulder, Deer Creek, Waterton Canyon, South Park and Colorado Springs."Lockheed Martin is proud to be a long-time supporter of the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure," said Rick Ambrose, executive vice president of Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company. "Year after year, our employees team up for this worthy cause, and we're excited to have fielded our largest Colorado team ever to support the fight against diabetes." The Lockheed Martin Colorado team represented a range of employees from Colorado facilities, representing both the Space Systems Company and Information Systems & Global Solutions businesses. In 2012, the Lockheed Martin Tour de Cure Colorado team raised more than $29,500 with 70 Lockheed Martin team members. "Our Tour de Cure Colorado team represents just one of many Lockheed Martin teams across the nation," said Ambrose. "Diabetes impacts more than 8 percent of Americans. From coast to coast, our employees are riding to make a better life for those impacted by diabetes and, ultimately, to find a cure."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV