Greenway Reports Fourth-Quarter And Fiscal 2013 Results
Explanation of Non-GAAP Measures
The Company reports its financial results in accordance with U.S. GAAP. The Company’s management believes that investors may wish to consider the impact of certain non-cash or non-recurring items as a supplement to financial performance measures in accordance with GAAP. These items result from facts and circumstances that may vary in frequency and impact on continuing operations. Management also presents results of operations before such items to evaluate operating performance, compare performance against past periods and as a basis for strategic planning. These non-GAAP financial measures provide management with additional means to understand and evaluate operating results and trends by eliminating certain non-cash expenses and other items that management believes might complicate comparisons with prior periods, obscure current trends or reduce the ability to make useful forecasts. Management believes that these non-GAAP measures provide additional means of evaluating performance, period-over-period. In addition, management understands that some investors and financial analysts find this information useful in analyzing the Company’s financial and operational performance and comparing such performance to peers and competitors.
Non-GAAP Adjusted EBITDA is defined as earnings before interest, income taxes, depreciation and amortization, acquisition-related transaction costs and stock-based compensation. It is presented as a supplemental measure of the Company’s performance. However, Adjusted EBITDA has limitations as an analytical tool, and you should not consider it in isolation or as a substitute for analysis of the Company’s results as reported under GAAP.
Non-GAAP Adjusted Net Income is defined as net income before stock-based compensation, acquisition-related transaction costs and amortization of purchased intangibles and any tax impact related to these items.Non-GAAP Adjusted Net Income Per Diluted Share is defined as Non-GAAP Adjusted Net Income divided by the weighted average diluted shares outstanding. Management considers all of these non-GAAP financial measures to be useful indicators of the Company’s performance and a measure of historical trends. The following items are excluded from non-GAAP Adjusted Net Income and related Per Diluted Share financial measures referenced above, and the reasons therefore are:
- Stock-based compensation — Excluded because these are non-cash expenses that management does not consider useful in assessing ongoing operating results or performance of the business, and also because the amount of the expense is not totally within the Company’s control since it is based on factors such as stock price, volatility and interest rates which may be unrelated to the Company’s performance during the period the expense is incurred.
- Amortization of purchased intangibles — Purchased intangibles are amortized over their estimated useful life and generally cannot be influenced after the acquisition. Accordingly, this item is not considered by management in making operating decisions. Thus, including such charges does not accurately reflect the performance for the period in which such charge is incurred.
- Acquisition-related transaction costs — Transaction costs associated with acquisitions are non-recurring and related specifically to a subject acquisition. Accordingly, management does not believe that they reflect the underlying performance of ongoing business operations for the period incurred.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV