During the 2013 fourth quarter, revenue from recurring sources grew by 28%, year over year, and comprised 57.6% of revenue for the period, up from 43.8% for the prior-year period. For all of 2013, revenue from recurring sources grew by 31%, year over year, and as a percent of revenue increased by 933 basis points to 55.2% from the prior year. Revenue from one-time systems sales and training and consulting services declined by 26% for the 2013 fourth quarter, and by 10% for the fiscal year, when compared to prior-year periods.
For the three months ended June 30, 2013, gross profit was $18.3 million and gross profit margin was 51.5%. These figures compare with gross profit of $21.8 million and gross margin of 60% for the three months ended June 30, 2012. Overall gross profit and gross margin for the 2013 fourth quarter declined from the prior year as a result of lower revenue and gross profit from one-time systems sales and training and consulting services offset by a 28% increase in gross profit from recurring items. For the year ended June 30, 2013, gross profit was $70.4 million, up 3% from $68.1 million for the prior-year period. Gross margin for fiscal year 2013 was 52.2%, which compares with 55.0% for the prior-year period.
Greenway reported a loss from operations of ($2.1 million) for the three months ended June 30, 2013, and ($6.9 million) for fiscal 2013. This compares to operating income of $3.5 million for the 2012 fourth quarter and $4.9 million for fiscal 2012.
For the fiscal 2013 fourth quarter and full year, Greenway had a net loss of ($3.5 million), or (12 cents) per share, and ($5.1 million) or (17 cents) per share, respectively. This compares with net income of $2.2 million for the three months ended June 30, 2012, or seven cents per diluted share for the fiscal 2012 fourth quarter and $2.9 million, or 11 cents per diluted share, for fiscal 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV