Microsoft: Market cap $264.98 billion with revenue projected to grow 6.60% next year and earnings to grow 8.63% annually for the next five years. Institutional ownership is 69.39%.
Oracle: Market cap $152.39 billion with revenue predicted to grow 5.20% next year and earnings estimated to increase 10.62% annually for the next five years. Institutional ownership is 60.23%.
SAP: Market cap $90.3 billion with revenue expected to increase 9.30% next year and earnings projected to increase 11% annually for the next five years. Institutional ownership is only 4.01%.
When you compare hyper-growth stock to the industry leaders, it's like comparing battleships to jet skis. The smaller stocks are more nimble and can turn on a dime, so you need to use charts that are sensitive to change.My favorite charts compares a stock's price to its 20-, 50- and 100-day moving averages, Barchart's proprietary Trend Spotter buy/sell signal and its 14-day turtle channel. Using those parameters give me a good sense of a stock's momentum and I usually bail when it drops below its 50-day moving averages. If the stock's price keeps gaining, I look for the short interest to bail fast and cover positions. At the time of publication, the author did not hold positions in any of the stocks mentioned in this article. Follow @JimVanMeerten This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV