FAYETTEVILLE, Ark., Aug. 19, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tyson Foods, Inc. will donate the protein for up to 308,000 meals to families across America for every five-pound bag of Tyson® chicken nuggets purchased at Sam's Club stores August 15 - September 1. The donation is part of the "Be a Hunger Hero" campaign to educate kids about childhood hunger through coloring books and secret identity cards given at six nationwide in-store demonstrations throughout the month of August.
The "Be a Hunger Hero" campaign, created through a partnership between Tyson Foods, the Tyson Foundation, Champions for Kids and Sam's Club, aims to fight childhood hunger by providing four ounces of protein for each meal, to families in need. The program is supported by www.BeaHungerHero.com , where people can learn about ways to help fight childhood hunger in their own communities, and the in-store demos occurring nationally August 16, 17, and 28 through 31.
The partnering organizations expect the campaign to spread awareness about childhood hunger and teach children that small steps can go a long way toward helping someone who needs it."The 'Be a Hunger Hero' program encourages young people to don the identity of a superhero," said Blake Brandes, chief program officer for Champions for Kids. "When helping people is part of who we are, we don't help others out of a sense of obligation. We help them out of a deep and personal commitment to improving the world around us."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV