The Web site was back up and running at approximately 3:30 P.M. EST. No explanation was given on the company's Web site for the outage. Amazon has not yet responded to TheStreet's request for comment on the disruption.
Comments on Twitter started to trickle in that the popular online retailer was experiencing problems with its Web site, with some even making jokes about it.
http://t.co/qxeBLldsBz down. It's the Syrians!— zerohedge (@zerohedge) August 19, 2013
http://t.co/rMUwFDMZEV down h/t @zerohedge— Chris Ciaccia (@Chris_Ciaccia) August 19, 2013-- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV