Insight Cuba Rolls Out Six-day 'Vintage Cuba' Tour
Unique Tour in North- Central Cuba Takes Travelers Back in Time
NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y., Aug. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In response to requests for a more compact tour option to Cuba, this fall Insight Cuba, the longest running operator of legal people-to-people trips to Cuba, is launching a new six-day itinerary called " Vintage Cuba . " Taking travelers back in time on a journey through the country's colorful, complex history, this hand-crafted program commences in the charming colonial town of Santa Clara, the site of the last and most decisive battle of the Cuban Revolution in 1958, and ends in the capital of Havana. Bookings are now open for 13 departures from November 2013 through June 2014, with additional dates to be announced shortly. And travelers who book by September 30 will save $200 per person on the inaugural Vintage Cuba November 8-13 departure, as part of the "Fall in Love with Cuba" promotion.
"We were asked by guests to create a more time- and budget-friendly program, and are thrilled to launch Vintage Cuba," said Tom Popper, president of Insight Cuba. "Reaching some destinations we haven't shared with guests before like Caibarien and Cayo Santa Maria, we truly hand-crafted this tour from scratch, driving the route by car, going door-to-door to seek out and choose activities that provide our guests experiences they won't find anywhere else."
Designed for travelers with a real zest for learning and exploration, Vintage Cuba kicks off in Santa Clara, home of the Che Memorial. Travelers here will enjoy a performance by a traditional piquete band before heading to Cayo Santa Maria, an island cay known for its turquoise waters, mangroves, and indigenous wildlife. Along the way, travelers will meet with mechanics responsible for maintaining the iconic vintage cars seen throughout the island nation to get an incredible insider look at Cuban ingenuity. Next, guests will have the opportunity to explore Caibarien, a small coastal town known as the Villa Blanca (or white village) and known for its sugary sands and beaches. Next it's "all aboard" a vintage steam train which provides extraordinary views en route to Remedios, famous for its street celebrations called Las Parrandas which have taken place every December since the 18 th century. On day three, the small group heads to Havana where travelers will have ample opportunity to marvel at the capital city's magnificent architecture and enjoy immersive experiences with its residents.Insight Cuba handpicks exclusive experiences and keeps its groups to 24 people maximum. Rates for the new Vintage Cuba tour start at $2,995 per person double occupancy and $3,395 per person single occupancy and include: first-class accommodations at the Melia Cohiba in Havana and Melia Las Dunas in Cayo Santa Maria, Cuban guide, Insight Cuba tour leader, all meals, U.S. Department of the Treasury license and Insight Cuba letter of authorization, all entrance fees to scheduled activities and events, all in-country ground transportation and transfers, travel health insurance, emergency medical evacuation, trip cancellation insurance (up to $1,000; additional coverage for a fee), an Insight Cuba guidebook, and a 24-hour emergency service hotline. Insight Cuba recently received its sixth people-to-people license in July 2013, authorizing legal travel to Cuba for Americans through 2015. For fully detailed itinerary on this tour and other Insight Cuba travel programs, visit www.insightcuba.com or call 1-800-450- CUBA. To stay connected with Insight Cuba, follow @insightcuba or 'like' the Insight Cuba Facebook Page. Highlights Include:
- Santa Clara: Enjoy a live performance by a traditional piquete band and meet with the performers to discuss the role music plays in daily Cuban life and throughout its history. Tour a local urban farm and meet with leaders of the community project to learn how it has been transformed into a self-sustainable nature-art park and urban farm.
- Cayo Santa Maria: Explore this UNESCO Biosphere Reserve site located on the Jardines del Rey. Enjoy a stay at the five-star Melia Las Dunas, located along the northern coast.
- Caibarien: Meet the artists and organizers of a local community project centered on plastics art. Enjoy a performance from the town's municipal band. Travel via an antique steam locomotive passenger train with mesmerizing views.
- Remedios: Travel through the colorful streets via bici, or bicycle taxis, visiting the fascinating Museum of the Parrandas, honoring the famous December street celebrations. Visit local homes to get an insider's look into Cuban family life and society.
- Havana: Experience Old Havana's historical neighborhoods. Meet with local residents involved in community projects and vocational schools. Get to know the students from the University of Havana.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts